22 Jan 2016

New program now in production 'The Story of the Reflector'

A big welcome to all of my new followers here on Face Book, you are all very welcome .
 
Considering that Sir Isaac Newton's first reflector telescope was demonstrated to the Royal Society in London just 346 years ago, we have come along way in the advancement of the Reflector. The early pioneers constructed bigger and better telescopes before the age of digital photography and fast computers. The telescope behind me is the European Southern Observatory's 'Extremely Large Telescope.' If all goes to plan it will be operational by 2026.
 
 
Join me in February for a one-hour special program as we look at the History of the Reflector from its humble beginnings; I shall be recording the show this weekend so I'll see you very soon.

No comments: